Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reflections & Long Walks

I woke this morning to the sound of cow bells. It has been so refreshing to wake up to pleasant sounds and the sight of the mountains...


After prayer and meditation this morning, I read a devotional about focusing. I thank God for reminding me that whatever we focus on, we become. Our thoughts must be chosen carefully--I must keep my eyes on the donut and not on the hole. Our mind is a battlefield. We cannot live a positive life with a negative mind; our thoughts--our focus--is what determines where we end up.

Aside from that, I must say I am excited about the water here, lol!! I can see and feel such a difference in my skin after being exposed to such pure water. I wish I could bring it back home to "the States" with me and have it hooked up to my plumbing system. :) For now, I will enjoy it...

I left at 7:30 a.m. for a stroll prior to breakfast. I took pictures of sights that I have been walking by daily. I sat on a bench and just gazed upon the mountains. I can see in the distant mountains (which is difficult to catch on camera) snowed areas. I bet it is beautiful up close. Gazing upon the sighs of such tall, wide mountains remind me of how God wants us to view life. Going uphill, which I have experienced from much walking on the mountain, is more difficult than going downhill. At times we approach "mountains", look up at its magnitude and feel that they are impossible to go over. However, God is with us during the "crossing over"--He wants us to see the sights on the other side...





Next, I went to Gina's guitar class, where I got the G chord down pat! :) I also did some prep work for the Queendom T.E.A. workshop tomorrow...


Today, I took several long walks. First, I walked a few miles to what is called the Eagles Nest. This was a panoramic view of the beautiful Alps of Switzerland. On the way, I knew I was getting close to a herd of animals because I could hear bells and flies were increasing in number and size. I found an open pasture with a few cows and horses grazing upon grass before viewing the breathtaking view of the mountains.


















The second long walk was to have lunch with Gina. We both had a cheeseburger and fries--a safe dish! ;) We were very pleased to have read and ordered from the menu without bothering Wendi, lol! The food was good--not great, but good. The cheese was the best part, which makes sense because the Swiss specialize in cheese.


The third time I went into town was with Wendi. She purchased ice cream and soda for the Family 13 social night.

Something else I learned while on this trip: photography skills and a good camera are a must! :) Really, the pictures I have taken do not do any justice to what I actually saw firsthand. I really wanted to capture everyd detail of this trip, including the most realistic sights that I have seen. However, this did not occur--thank God for post cards, lol! :)

I am ready and excited about the Queendom T.E.A. workshop and the activities that Wendi has planned for next week: Gruyere castle (where Gruyere cheese is made), the town of Evian (where the pure water is gathered), Lake Geneva, Vevey (a town on the lake) and possibly rock climbing. This has been one of my best summers yet! :D

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!