Thursday, July 22, 2010

Drawing Nigh

I realize that I usually only make posts on this blog about my community work, however I had to share this:
I have been overwhelmed recently with feelings of sadness, disappointment and distrust in the world of pageantry. However, I know that God is a Healer and he will see me through all of my pain. 
The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
Nahum 1:3

Not that He had to, but the Lord proved himself to me today. I have been praying more than I normally would--which may have been one of God's purposes (not mine--see how God works?) for this trip. After Bible study early today, I learned that Joyce Meyer, whom I love to read after studying, is also a survivor of incest. I had no idea! Her father sexually abused her and she ran away from home (two years after me) a week before she would turn 18. I was encouraged by this, not only because she survived sexual abuse, but because she has been able to effectively (and internationally) spread her message of hope and love in God. She has shared how to heal from various aspects of ones life--and she did it all without winning a pageant.

I desire so much to be just like this... Like Jesus.

Anyways, I took pictures of these clouds settling over the mountains after a storm...
Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and they faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
Psalm 36:5
After considering God's word, I fervently prayed. 


And they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land: for they have heard that thou LORD art among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and that thy cloud standeth over them, and that thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud...
Numbers 14:14

This cloud eventually came right into my hotel room, as I prayed... 
For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD...
2 Chronicles 5:13


I have never felt more blessed or touched by the Lord, while I am still not quite sure what He is trying to show or tell me. I am so thankful for His presence and for carrying my burdens...

The storm has passed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!