Friday, February 12, 2010

To Write Love On her Arms Day 2010

During the spring, 10 years ago, I consumed over 100 pills in order to end my life. I felt worthless, ashamed, embarrassed, ostracized, misunderstood, helpless, hopeless and denied. 10 years later, I am a leader, shameless, proud, full of life and smiles, loved, loving, helpful, hopeful and finally, believed and accepted.

If you are reading this and felt down or that life was no longer worth living, I am encouraging you to keep moving forward! Your life is important, not only to yourself, but to others as well. Where would Queendom T.E.A or the many victims who send me a “I wish I had your courage” emails be if I died 10 years ago? Just imagine how your loved ones and would feel if you were no longer here?

We need you and we love you, which is why I wrote “LOVE” on my arms today! Be encouraged—your life IS important.

NOTE: To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery. This awareness day begins on Friday, February 12 and ends Saturday, February 13, 2010. Join us in this powerful movement! 

2 comments:

  1. Girl! I went through the same thing. For so long I thought I was just crazy. I'm realizing more and more that God has a plan for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such powerful words! I have been blessed to know you, and am thankful that no matter what our plans are, God's plan trumps it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!