Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Skating Away Diabetes

I don't think I have ever been so excited for an appearance before! I had a great time helping to "Skate Away Diabetes" in support of LeKeesha Gardner's fundraiser in honor of her mother who passed away from diabetes. There was so many young girls there and a birthday girl (pictured right). They were all happy to see me and the birthday girl felt like I came for her... why not? ;) Her parents took lots of pictures of us in honor of her special day. 

It had been over 10 years since I last skated. I was nervous, but I had some mini "pros" around me who wanted to show me the ropes. Thankfully, skating came back to me just like riding a bike does. When I was ready to finally skate on my own, I still could not though because the girls wanted to take turns holding my hand going around the rink. I also got to play another young lady in air hockey... and that was not easy. Even though I won the game, she definitely made me work hard, lol! I am ready to go back to the rink, just give me a reason!  This night was truly memorable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!