Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Few Updates: Mrs. Maryland Beautiful 2012

I had a wonderful time at the Tara's House of StyleZ Natural Hair Meet & Greet! I was thankful to be the winner of the THS contest, but when I arrived, I won again! I won 2 beautiful Amazonite beaded bracelets (hanging off my arm in the photo) from Cheryl's Bracelet Bar! Since then, Cheryl has sponsored more jewelry  for me and created a teal/ turquoise line called "Corner Curl Girl"! I am so excited! Tara did a great job and I enjoyed networking with other naturalistas.

I had a "hot" time at the African American Heritage Festival this weekend! I was a proud model and Ambassador for Tiffany Jeffers' Sylk Cosmetics products. Thanks to Lana Rae and Latease Lashley, hostesses of the first "Fashion Alley", I had 2 great interviews.

In front of 500+ sharing the importance on leaning on each other as a community, proudly representing authentic beauty. ♥ Thank you, to Dr. Jasmine for allowing me this opportunity at the Social Security Administration.

With Ms. Maryland United States filming a commercial at Sylk Cosmectics! ♥

I attended a community coffee on Friday to talk about the Conscious Conversations Cafe lecture series at Goucher College - bringing in nationally recognized women thought leaders to hold a conscious conversation with our community, to be able to keep the conversation going, to encourage more conversations in the future - and, all to benefit an incredible cause, the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MCASA). Here I am with two of the most incredible, passionate women I know... Ann Quasman, radio hostess of WomanTalk Live, and Caprice Smith, CEO of SharperMinds Consultants.

Congratulations to all those who competed in the Essence Nationals pageant! You ALL are winners! ♥

I had a wonderful time teaching my workshop, "You Are Special" yesterday! The girls had so much fun learning table etiquette, the importance of being kind and believing in themselves. I look like I was saying something extremely profound here. LOL! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!