Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kicking Off Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Beadly Speaking...

With inspirational poet, "Spicy"
I was honored to be in a room full of strength today at the Beadly Speaking Fundraiser for Breast Cancer Awareness... Oh my! From the organizer, Dyon Davidson, to the Ms. Hall, an elderly woman who long outlived the expiration date given to her by doctors. Today, I was enlightened. I heard from a woman who was diagnosed at 30 years old, my age, and had no idea that she had it because there was no history of cancer in her family and she felt healthy. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, but it can be prevented. My goal: to have a mammogram done before 2011 ends. Thanks to Dyon for caring so much about our community to organize such a successful fundraiser!
With the host and comedian, Greg Alexander. He was too funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!