Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Am the Ancestor

This event touched my heart. Today I met "Monique Smith", a woman who is not sure if she is 43, 44 or 45 after being abducted at 2 years old and having no linkage to her family. I sat and watched her talk about her life through smiles and tears--her story reminded me so much of my own. I, too, feel that I have no "linkage" to those that I should, but I am doing the same as Monique: sharing my story to help others prevent the same occurrence in their lives. Monique has such strength! I was proud to attend her book signing of I Am the Ancestor and donate funds to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I am so glad that I attended this event and I am looking forward to future contact with Monique, an asset to our community! 





Even if you have no linkage to your family, you can do great things with what you have.

- Monique Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!