Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dr. MLK's Day of Service with a Black Doll


"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?' I want you to say on that day, that I did try in my life... to love and serve humanity."
- Dr. Martin Luther King





In recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King's Day of Service, 
The Black Dolls of the Black Doll Affair joined the nation on this national day of service to DO GOOD!

Today, Aisha, my Playground Monitor, and I joined together and created 12 "Pamper Me" Care Packages for the women of the Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative, Inc. in the District of Columbia. We stuffed bags with journals, pens, nail polish, nail files, fuzzy socks, body wash, lotions, candles and books that would call for a relaxing afternoon for any woman. We hand wrote an encouraging message and placed inside each bag with black and pink "You are Fabulous!" tissue paper. I wish I could see the look on the recipients faces as I am sure they will love not only their goodie bag, but also a restful afternoon or evening. 

Cherries were added to our sundae (:D) after our philanthropic occasion ended with a phone call from the our fabulous founder, Dana Hill. She encouraged and empowered Aisha and I to keep up the great work on behalf of young African American girls everywhere... we felt so good after doing good!














Until next time, "Be a doll, give a doll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!