Monday, December 13, 2010

Decorating The TurnAround, Inc. Shelter at Christmas Time

This was the fourth year in a row that I participated in this activity through Turn Around, Inc., the local domestic violence and sexual abuse agency in Towson, Maryland. My husband usually attends with me, but he could not this year. However, I was honored to take my homeskillet buttermilk biscuit with cheddar cheese (I have about 6 of these... lol), Chardia Murray, Miss Exquisite International 2010. Together, we donated drinks, helped with Christmas decorations and shared laughs with the families staying in shelter. I became very attached to one little girl who ran up to me and gave me a hug as soon as I entered the house... awww! :) Other W.A.V.E members and Turn Around, Inc. staff helped by singing Christmas carols and baking various goodies. My husband and I had even more fun painting ornaments and creating Christmas shapes out of pipe cleaners with the children! I am looking forward to next year's event!
This picture of Chardia and I was taken in front of the tree at the shelter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!