Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Heart (and Walk for) Grandma Louise...

I joined the National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa for the Heart Walk in Greater Baltimore. I happily accepted the invitation to join this wonderful team of educators by my dear friend and "twin," Latesha. Our team raised $255! The weather was perfect even though the bug knew no boundaries. I was reminded of walking up and down the Swiss mountains today--whew! My legs were aching, but it was worth it.
I was reminded of my grandmother, Louise Virginia Tisdal, who died the day before my birthday in 2005. She live successfully and independently for years after a stroke using only one arm and one leg. I miss her so much, but proudly walked with her name on my back...
The sign I wrote and wore on my back--LVT

GO RED! :)

With my beautiful twin, Latesha

Walking along the lake at Centennial Park in Howard County


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!