Thursday, August 5, 2010

Volunteer Nite for 2010 Men of Strength Awards


A very special thank you is extended to Neil, Callie, Nicole, and Rachel of Men Can Stop Rape. I had the opportunity to help with invitation mailings to supporters for the 2010 Men of Strength Awards, in which I will also be attending as a volunteer. 


Men Can Stop Rape (MCSR) is an international organization that mobilizes men to use their strength for creating cultures free from violence, especially men’s violence against women. Since its inception in 1997, MCSR has led the call to redefine masculinity and male strength as part of preventing men’s violence against women.

I am happy to join the Men Can Stop Rape volunteer pool and proud of their efforts in providing agencies, schools, and organizations with direct services for youth, public service messaging, and leadership training. 

I was also thankful to receive from MCSR Eve Ensler's Insecure at Last: Losing It in Our Security Obsessed World, a provocative, illuminating and inspiring books that challenges us to reconsider what it means to be free to discover that our strength is not born out of that which protects us--oh, how well do I know! I am anticipating reading this book! 

I am looking forward to the awards ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!