Monday, August 2, 2010

Saying Goodbye...


After three and a half weeks, 2 countries, 2 Swiss watches, 3 books, several European dresses and shoes, more than a pound of Swiss chocolate, many friends from all over the world later... I am going home. I must admit, this is a bittersweet day as I am overjoyed to see my wonderful husband who misses me so, but sad to leave behind Wendi, Christina (my new friend from the United Kingdom) and her psychology class, the students (especially the junior high girls of Beau Site), Deborah (who begged me to change my flight!), the Leysin American School staff and the panoramic view of the beautiful mountains.

An extra special thank you, Wendi, for allowing me to represent Queendom T.E.A. at Leysin American School and have this overall unique experience. This trip would have never occurred if she did not use her "superego" and think that I was capable of being an effective volunteer. :) If you are reading this Wendi, I am looking forward to next year's dorm duty and personally assisting you in Switzerland again next year! (:D) Insider...

So, what have I learned?

  • Swiss National Day is not to be taken lightly and I must have my red and white next year!
  • Most International students speak English very well and are very knowledgeable of the rules of English grammar. (Oh, how I wish these students were in my class!)
  • A Snickers bar in Switzerland tastes totally different than a snickers purchased in America. 
  • France, Switzerland and Italy are bordered/ connected by one mountain, Elberts. 
  • Croissanteries run out of croissants between 11-12:00 a.m. 
  • The week begins on Sunday and ends on Thursday... 
  • Sending post cards cost just as much as nice souvenirs, lol. 
  • Cheese, chocolate, fondue and crepes are must haves when visiting.
  • I hate airports. Period. 
  • Bring an empty suitcase for the next trip! 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!