Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why I Do What I Do...

Here is a news headline that always makes my heart cringe with anger: Brothers Jailed For Molesting, Impregnating 10-Year-Old. Having Incestuous Relationship With Aunt. 



This article begins, "Talk about the Dirty South"... A 10-year-old girl was molested for years in her own home? And the icing on the cake, the suspects, 2 of the girl's "family" members, were arrested from church... Church. In addition to all of this, the 2 brothers were also intimately involved with their aunt, who was also arrested. 

I cannot describe the anger that I feel that a 10 year old has been subjected to this and has had to have an abortion at such an early age. I pray that this young girl can become strong enough to rise above the ignorance of her family... like so many others. 

Thank God for "snitches" who STOP the silence. 

Incest, rape, sexual abuse, child abuse in general, still occurs after all of the efforts of many organizations. More must be done... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!