Friday, July 9, 2010

Love: Written on Kayla's Arms and Heart!

I had a great time tonight attending a fundraiser for a cause that is dear to Kayla, Miss Teen Maryland International 2010, and I. Kayla's platform is promoting the awareness of teen depression and suicide. Kayla hosted a New York style fashion show to raise money for her nation-wide tour to spread awareness about "To Write Love On her Arms" and to shatter the shame associated with teen depression! She gave a heartfelt speech on her platform and plan of action for her reign. I am must say that I am SO proud of her and her efforts! To see this amount, quality and quantity of work spewing from a teen girl is simply amazing and should be highly commended. I will support her in all she does...

It was great seeing Terrianne, America's Mrs. Maryland, and Heather, Miss Maryland International 2010. I love them both dearly as they are fun, encouraging and extra sparkly! :) We goofed around afterwards, taking pictures the beautiful Inn at Peralynna. I plan to return to this inn for something--it was gorgeous inside and out. 

I pray and wish all of the Maryland International girls well at nationals! I will be cheering from afar--real far!! LOL! :D 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!