Friday, July 16, 2010

44th Montreux Jazz Festival







Today I attend the 44th Annual Montreux Jazz Festival

Montreux is the best-known resort on Lac Léman (Lake Geneva), thanks to a sunny climate, a lovely setting, and a busy schedule of cultural events and conferences throughout the year. 

The town has long been popular with celebrity musicians and writers, including Tchaikovski, Stravinski, Byron, Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, and--more recently--Vladimir Nabokov, who spent the last two decades of his life at the Montreux Palace Hotel after his novel, Lolita, earned international success in the mid-1950s.

This is Yuriko's camera... I took a picture of it because I want one! (hint, hint, Mardis, lol!)

Preparing for the trip to Montreux! :)

H & M in Montreux



The Banque (bank)

I took a picture of these mannequins inside of C & A because I was confused...

Then, I asked questions...

Finally, I thought this was too much! :) I am still not sure if this is a Swiss style for men yet. ;)



An entire town on a mountain!

Lake Geneva in Montreux, where the festival was held.









The most beautiful, clear water I have ever seen...



A McDonald's "ATM"... You just walk up and order! :)

McDonald's menu

Shopping!



Domesticated...

"I'm not scared..."

"Yes, I am!!"









Selling international attire...



Hair braiding







Making a custom bracelet (since I can never find my name already created on products, lol!)



The best ice cream I have ever had!! Swiss ice cream is extra creamy and the cone... magnifique!



Enjoying Lake Geneva...


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!