Saturday, August 8, 2009

2009 SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) Conference

8:22 a.m.

I am eagerly awaiting the conference beginning! I left Maryland at 6:00 a.m. to get here by 7:30 a.m.--only to get here too early! LOL! I guess I am a little too eager... :D But, I have already had someone ask me for my autograph and give me a $10 meal voucher! I feel famous!

So far, I have met the founder of SNAP, Barbara Dorris, who knew my name when I walked in to register (she may have gotten tired of my emails! LOL)... but, I guess wearing my banner helped too! She was very, very kind to me.

I am TOO ANXIOUS to meet Angela Shelton, who is nationally known for her advocacy work!! She is supposed to be speaking at 5:00 p.m. today and I cannot wait!! Just like people have favorite singers, artists, books... Angela Shelton is my favorite survivor! Stay tuned for more updates if you dare...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!