Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Guest Speaker at MSU Vagina Monologues

For the second year in a row, I was the guest speaker for the Vagina Monologues at Morgan State University. I shared my story of survival and spoke on behalf of Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse and Turn Around, Inc., the beneficiary of the proceeds raised at this event. I was very well received as the audience seemed shocked at the statistics... I could hear a collective gasp come from the audience when I shared that my pedophile was and still is a pastor. The young women of MSU were excited about this benefit being a part of such a bigger issue. The play that was held yesterday and tonight will not only approach females and inform males within the audience it will address conflicts on Morgan's campus and throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!