Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar's Night Baltimore



I finally make it to the red carpet!


AIRS presented the 8th annual Oscar's Night Baltimore. I was invited to this prestigious event by a friend, colleague and model, Johnathan White. This event was hosted by celebrities Jaime Costello of ABC2 News and Lady Marlaa Reid. I felt like a celebrity as many people complimented my gown. One lady walked right up to me and stopped me saying, "You are stunning!" I felt priviledged to be at such an event. The food reminded me of the great entree's you would see on Hell's Kitchen and tasted splendid. There was a live auction of vacations in Paris and Spain and diamond rings. What an opportunity!

I am so glad that I attended as I learned about this nonprofit. In addition to providing, safe, decent and affordable housing, AIRS provides supportive services to help individuals and family members maintain their housing. Through intensive case management, residents establish an Individual Service Plan focused on increasing education and job skills to obtain living wage employment. AIRS recently developed a subcommittee called City Steps, serving the homeless adn unstably housed youth and young adults.

Faith, the daughter of Marlaa Reid, Johnathan White, model, and I



A "Human Oscar" and I (with Faith's cute face in the corner!)



Tatiyanna Voche, Miss Gay Maryland and Jaime Costello


Johnathan White, modeling in fashion show...


Johnathan waving at me!


"Human Oscars" acting up on the runway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!