Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy International Friendship Month! (February)

I want to take advantage of this great opportunity to honor my friends this February! International Friendship Month, February, highlights the celebration of friendships that bridge across international boundaries and borders. Through Stop the Silence, I have been able to establish unique connections and inspiration through sharing insight and stories of sexual abuse. Let's celebrate every day, gifting each other with values of curiosity and openness!

When I visited Buckingham Palace in England, another student from Edinboro University from Ho Chi Minh city said to me, "Friendship is made without country." Thank you!

I would also like to say thank you to the 933 supporters from 53 countries on the Stop the Silence Change.org web exchange. Your compliments and kindness have filled my days with everlasting sunshine rays! Thank you to the following friends who left me these kind comments:

· You make the world a better place Jan 28
You are amazing!
given by Manuela P Rodrigues

· You make the world a better place Jan 27
It's people like you who make this life worth living. Thank you for your support of Shoes4Schools.org and Please share our Cause with your Friends.
given by Shoes4School.org

· You make the world a better place Jan 24
Thank you for al you do and giving a voice to those who need one. You inspire many and I'm greatful to know you.
given by andrea mckeeby

· You make the world a better place Jan 24
Thank you so much for helping me with this cause. I pray that thousands will read it, and someone's attention will be gotten.
given by Leigh Walker in reference to posted action FREE SKYY! (Innocent, but behind bars?)

· I agree! Jan 19
I agree completely.. I have a young child who has let it be known to certain individuals. Doctors are sometimes helpful but CPS is no help! We are all alone and his abuser wants full custody! I totally believe my son be he 3 or not ... I just wish the system would work for the children not the accused...
given by Tianette Simpson in reference to nonprofit testimonial Supporting a Pedophile: What's Next?

· You make the world a better place Jan 17
Thank you so much for all that you do, your donation to Stop the Silence, and for avidly spreading the message of child sexual abuse awareness! You are one of our top volunteers and supporters.
given by Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse

· You make the world a better place Jan 16
Thanks for all that you do to support victims and help end the cycle of abuse.
given by Dennis G.

· You make the world a better place Jan 06
Thank you for all that you do. Your voice and inspiration is needed and wanted. It is pleasing navigating this site viewing all who believe and support each other. I just started my own non-profit that focuses on asthma awareness with the youth here in the Philadelphia area. Please visit our site and let me know what you think. www.acknowledgenow.org
given by Karrington Gibson

· You make the world a better place Jan 04
given by Bob Packer

· You make the world a better place Jan 03
Thanks for adding me. I'm honored to be working with you fighting the good fight for what's right. Your work/support is outstanding.
given by andrea mckeeby

· You make the world a better place Jan 03
I have been in healthcare for 25 years and I know where I can make a difference, but violence against women and children is just not excusable in any manner. This cause needs outspoken advocates, so keep it up--one person at a time!
given by Diane Zuckerman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!