Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Butter Fly

I want to share my recent art work with you... Art work? Yeah, growing up, I thought I was going to be a fashion designer and I drew all of the time. I drew mostly images of beautiful women (since my self-esteem was so low due to the sexual abuse and teasing I faced in school) wearing beautiful clothes (I had absolutely nothing fashionable in high school- I wore hand me downs from my mother). So, the interest was sparked again and this is what came of it:

Title: Butter Fly, From The Art of Healing Collection (1/09)
While bent over in a dark corner, I always prayed for light. The butterfly brings brought color and protection while I suffered in darkness. I am naked and ashamed. As a result, I do not show my face. My dark hair fades into a blue pool of tears that I have cried for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!