Thursday, May 22, 2008

Speaking of Silence Recording for Art on Purpose

After visiting one of the Speaking of Silence listening stations and responding to one of the audio portraits that have been traveling around Baltimore City for the past 3 months, I was able to pose next to my written response, selected to be a part of an Art on Purpose exhibition at the Creative Alliance. I attended this event for the opportunity to view over 200 responses to the audio portraits and read other Baltimore residents thoughts and feelings alongside my own response. I also had the opportunity to make a new audio recording that evening by sharing my own sexual abuse survival/recovery story. My recordings may be used as a part of future community radio broadcasts about the importance of listening and sharing stories. I was very thankful for my faithful friend, Arian, who not only attended this event with me, but also sat with me in the recording room while I recorded my personal story of sexual abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!