Monday, August 12, 2013

Miss Black USA Pageant & Meeting Deya Smith

I was so excited to support Alexandra Morton, Miss Black Maryland USA at her national pageant. She has volunteered with me and on her own in supporting young girls. She made top 15 and I could not think of a better reason to lose my voice temporarily, lol.

It was fun hanging out with my sister queen, Mrs. Exquisite International and Mrs. Northern Virginia Essence 2013, Christina Schinner! Her and I have become so close after the Essence pageant--such a blessing. We met up with another sister queen and Essence pageant judge, Kimi Holloway, Ms. Corporate America 2013. We also ran into the Executive director of Essence Pageants, Kevin Wade, who looked fantastic. I had to give him a little peck on the cheek... :)

The highlight of my evening was meeting Deya Smith... see below!



It was an honor to meet Deya Smith, AKA “Deya DIRECT!”, a former Miss Black USA and Ebony Magazine’s pick as a “Future Leader” before she was whisked away in her limo! :) Known for her direct, inspirational and provocative style, Deya works as a producer for the nationally-syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show (TJMS). The TJMS reaches 8 million listeners daily. She is also the creator and host of Girlfriend FM, a short-form video show-commentary-blog targeting female-driven hot topics on Tom Joyner TV and BlackAmericaweb.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!