Thursday, June 20, 2013

Modeling for LKGE Boutique

For the past 2 years, I have been proud of my accomplishment of being the Fashion and Natural Hair blogger behind Corner Curl Girl. Beginning this journey has afforded me many sponsorship, media and modeling opportunities. One of the boutiques that has fully sponsored "Corner Curl Girl" is LKGE Boutique in Owings Mills, Maryland. I am so thankful for all of the opportunities (and garments, lol) that the CEO, LaKeisha Hicks, has given me for the past year. Again, today, I was humbled to model her clothing line!

I am elated about my positive growth and progress. There was a time in my life when I was ashamed of being naturally thin. I was teased about it throughout my life, especially my youth. However, I now use what I naturally possess to show others how to be confident in themselves. It is so empowering to see other women and youth say, "How can you just pose like that?" or "How did you become so confident?" It is truly hard work, but it has paid off for me in so many ways. I am excited to release my book for young girls, Positively Bodyful, which will teach young ladies in 8 easy steps how to empower themselves in the same way. I aim to continue to encourage others with internal, and limited external (lol) strength. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!