Sunday, July 1, 2012

THS Natural Hair Meet & Greet


I had such a wonderful time at Tara's House of Stylez Natural Hair Meet & Greet! I originally won the online contest (see my previous blog post). Tara, the event organizer, requested that I wear my crown on top of my crown (lol, get it?) so I showed up not only as the winner, but as Mrs. Maryland Beautiful 2012. I was asked to speak about my natural hair journey and pageantry experiences, took many, many photos and was impressed by all of the unique natural hair styles.
photo
My winnings from THS! A Naturally Beautiful t-shirt and many hair product samples from various sponsors, including my favorite,
Taliah Waajid! :)

DSCN1354
 Pictured with a beautiful naturalista who used to be one of my students years ago! Sniff, sniff... lol. Don't you just love her hair color?? Fabulous!
 Met up with some beautiful friends too! :)
 I was so pumped to win again during the event! With my winning raffle ticket, I won 2 Amazonite beaded bracelets from Cheryl's Bracelet Bar! Cheryl, pictured with me above, is a such a cute lady with a great eye for design. All of her bracelets were phenomenal. I plan to purchase more! If you are interested, email her at walk4wil@yahoo.com.
Look at all of the beautiful natural that was in the room!!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment!