Saturday, July 10, 2010

Across the Atlantic Ocean...

Getting through the airport was an adventure in itself! I had an 80+ pound luggage bad that would have cost me $450 to travel with! (Before you blame me for shoes and clothes, it really was the Queendom T.E.A. stuff! LOL...) Anyways, Mardis and I spend about 20-30 minutes sorting my items and adding some of the weight to additional luggage. We were successful--I ended up traveling with 3 luggage bags.

Finally, I get through check-in and Mardis walked me to the area where only ticketed passengers could proceed. When we saw the sign, we both looked at each other and grinned with the similar thought, "This is it!" Mardis cried when we married 5 years ago (by the way, we are approaching our 5 year wedding anniversary on August 5th) and I remained cool, calm and collective. Since our marriage, I have teased him about it, calling myself the "Strong One"! However, today it was I who was weak! I could not fight back the tears after reading a sign that said I could no proceed with my soul mate, best friend, protector and apple, orange and pear of my eye! :) I felt that I would be alone and not have my #1 support in human form. Mardis simply embraced me, lifting me off the floor and attempted to soothe my spirit with calm words. I miss him now... (in the picture, Mardis is leaving me a message to listen to on my recorder!) :D

I reminded myself the purpose of this trip: to further my efforts of aiding teen girls. I reminded myself that I will never be alone: God is always with me. Finally, I reminded myself that I was being silly: I would be home in 23 days!

My new concern while waiting to board the plane was when in the world would they feed us on the flight! My true friends know I love to eat and that the thought of being hungry terrified me, LOL! My carry-on bag could only hold so many snacks! :) Anyways, we were fed within the first 2 hours of the flight. Approximately 4 hours later, we had breakfast while awaiting our 7:30 a.m. arrival in Geneva. I slept about 3 hours and watched about 30 minutes of air-television. After reading my book, given to me by my lovely bud, Keah, I am now writing this entry...

The pilot says it is 70 degrees in Geneva with a few cloudy skies, which I will not complain about after leaving  100 degree weather behind in Maryland.

At this very moment, I am reminded of the Visionary Founder of Heal a Woman to Heal a Nation's words: LOVE is greater than fear. I thank God for His love and all of the love He has placed in my life.

Now, putting my table away to prepare for landing... :) Next stop:

2 comments:

  1. Mothyna James-BrightfulJuly 12, 2010

    I am having so much fun reading your blog. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that sweet! i wish geoff would cry with me away for 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!