Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Day of Volunteering...




It all started at 7:00 a.m. in Washington, D.C. First stop, the NBC4 Health and Fitness Expo.I set up and manned the Stop the Silence booth for the second year in a row. After 4 hours, I heard many survivor stories, pinned almost 200 people with a teal cause ribbon and found that there was a lot of interest in Queendom T.E.A. I was happy to see such a great turnout this year and even happier to have the support of my dear pageant friend, Peta-Gay, Mrs. Maryland All-American 2010. She also manned our booth for 4 hours! 

Afterwards, I spend another 5 hours in Towson, Maryland volunteering for the American Red Cross blood drive. On January 12th, a series of earthquakes measuring 6.5 to 7.3 on the Richter scale devastated Haiti. The American Red Cross is working with donors, volunteers and partners to assist those affected by this disaster. It was an honor for me to serve refreshments to and assist those who donated a pint of blood--that would save at least 3 lives--on this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!