Friday, December 11, 2009

My Daily Blessings Journal

I have no kids, but I sure shop like I do! LOL! I am blessed to have been able to successfully adopt 5 different children for Christmas this year--I mean, I purchased everything the parents would need in order to retrieve that Christmas morning smile from each child.

I love to give to others. I remember a few years ago, I had a student in my class who was constantly teased about her attire and shoes. One day, I wore a pair of shoes to class that she really admired. I found out that we wore the same shoe size, so I took the shoes right off of my feet and gave them to her! :D I remember her getting compliments on the shoes that "looked like Mrs. Hall's" and she wore those shoes until the end of the school year. I also took her shopping at the mall and purchased a few outfits for her. She looked up to me afterwards too--to this day, she still contacts me from time to time to update me on her life since graduating from high school.

The blessing I have received and my point is that I do have kids that I did not give birth to. I have been blessed because of how much I give to others (as I have everything I could ever want, including a whole lot of shoes!! Thanks shoedazzle.com...). Also, God has blessed me with the lifestyle to be able to help others--I have a job, the pageant titles do not hurt and, most of all, I have these visions of how I can help other people and the means to follow through on these visions.

Now, if this isn't a blessing, I don't know what is... :D

3 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anonymous... I can only get better with time! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!