Saturday, October 3, 2009

An Email from A High School Peer...

Hey LaQuisha!

I'm not sure if you remember me from high school-but I've been reading all about your story and your platform and just everything that you've been doing and I just absolutely had to write you. I regret so much that I wasn't able to talk to you at the reunion. I kept wanting to ask you about your title and what you've been doing and what has been going on with you but there was just too much going on and you are one of the people I hate that I missed in the hussle of everything!

First of all-you are absolutely gorgeous!! It's so funny to come back to New Bern and see heads turn while people are saying "whoa. she sure has changed". I've had a similar reaction due to being such a quirky looking, brace-faced teenager in high school-sometimes I feel like people are shocked that I actually grew up and now look like a grown woman! haha. I can somewhat relate to you on that level (even though you are much more gorgeous than I will ever be! :) ) and all I can say is "look at you now girl!!" :)

Secondly-you having the strength and inner-power to share your story with so many people is amazing to me. I can't imagine the things you've had to deal with and the pain you've had to go through. I respect you so much for being able to put such a personal story out in the open in order to help others that might be going through the same thing you went through.

Thank you! Thank you for being a light in this world that can sometimes feel completely dark and full of negativity and selfishness. You are a gift and it brings such joy to me to know how far you've come and how many lives you are going to touch as you continue your journey. Take care and keep doing your thing lady!!

You are an inspiration!!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!