Monday, September 28, 2009

Let's Talk Live News Channel 8 Interview

With Ajia Meux, Supervisor for the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline with RAINN, was also in the interview with me. She is an incredible advocate who has worked on the "front lines" of this issue for over a decade, specifically focusing on incest and child sexual abuse.




I had a great interview today! Natasha Barrett and Doug Mckelway hosts "Let's Talk Live" weekdays at noon offering a new and vibrant look at the people and events throughout our area. I am so thankful that they allowed me to share my story as one of the topics on their show!

Afterwards, Jennifer Wilson, Hotline and Affiliate Services Director of Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) sent me a message:

"Hi Laquisha,
I just wanted to let you know that I think you did a phenomenal job today during the interview and that your courage in talking about your experience is going to help a countless number of others who are going through similar experiences. Thank you again for your time and dedication and we are lucky to have you as a part of RAINN."

Also, Katherine Hull, Vice President of RAINN Communications sent me a message:

"Hi LaQuisha, Thanks again for doing the TV interview with Channel 8!! You were absolutely terrific, and we can't thank you enough for representing the RAINN Speakers bureau in the interview! Thanks again for everything!

What an opportunity! :D

1 comment:

  1. I just listened to your interview and you were so INSPIRATIONAL...keep on spreading your message because each day you are reaching a larger audience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!