Saturday, July 18, 2009

"I Hope You Dance" Sisters 4 Sisters Event

Sharing my story of surviving sexual abuse and growing up in a household of domestic violence...


I attended the Sisters 4 Sisters (partnered with the American Heart Association) "I Hope You Dance" afternoon of fun! I am pictured (above) with Carolyn Washington, who was elated to have me at the event. She said she believes her God-given purpose is to help women, regardless of race, class, or religion. To realize this goal, Washington founded Sisters 4 Sisters, Inc., eight years ago. I became a member today in hopes of assisting her through volunteer and speaking engagements. By the way, they made me wear the purple boa as the color symbolizes the domestic violence cause. :D

1 comment:

  1. i tried to email you my bio and headshot but the email bounced back- please email me at julianacmckee@gmail.com asap!!!

    and please cross your fingers for me in Chicago! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!