Monday, March 2, 2009

12 Years of Survival


After turning 16 years old, I had:
2 additional years of high school.
4 years of undergraduate school.
6 years of teaching.
This is a summary of my life after the incest ended.

While I should be celebrating my birthday, I am actually celebrating the birth of a newfound me. From age 16 to approximately 21 years old, I was suicidal, withdrawn and depressed. I felt that while I was living, I was actually dead because of how I was living my life. I thank God that He spared my life to continue His work: helping other victims and survivors. I am forever indebted to God for helping me to heal for the past 12 years of my life. Happy Birthday to me, a born again Christian, a survivor of incest, a wife, a doctoral student, a teacher, a mentor, a friend, a supporter, a leader and many other things I never thought I could be. I thank God for all things…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!