Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Baking Cookies at The Children's Home


2009 MD Int'l Queens & TCH Resident Director

I was at The Children's Home again! This time I went with my fellow pageant friends, Maryland International queens. I was so thankful that so many queens came as we had over 20 volunteers! We baked cookies and encouraged residents who came to chat with us. We met a resident who had a 10-month old daughter in the Johns Hopkins Medical Center receiving one of many surgeries. Thankfully, her daughter is recovering well and looks beautiful!

I must say that I really enjoy volunteering, however it was so much more rewarding and special helping others with other queens. It is so important for us, as people (not only pageant participants) to help others. This one night of cookie baking was such a joy to the lady whose infant was hospitalized. Just to see her smile was the reason we visited and volunteered. I pray that her daughter continues to recover well and that the queens had a memorable experience.


Peta-Gay, Mrs. Montgomery County, and I had a great time chatting and laughing throughout the night! Peta-Gay is so peaceful and inspiring. We will be life-long buds!


The Sloads and I were triplets, all in matching International t-shirts! They are such beautiful girls.


Teen Queens chatting and relaxing...


Rubi, Miss Teen Laurel, is such a beauty queen! She introudces herself well and speaks very properly. Rubi and her mom were also eager to help with the cookies!


Cassidy's Grandmother prepares the warm cookies fresh out of the oven...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!