Saturday, October 18, 2008

Love Doesn't Hurt Domestic Violence Awareness Symposium

I met Dr. Avril A. Wiggins, an author of her own story of overcoming sexual abuse and domestic violence. I received an autographed copy of her book, The Battered Preacher's Wife.
I met Norma J. Harley who currently directs the Domestic Violence Intervention/Community Services and Victim Advocate Units for the Office of the Sheriff, Prince George's County, MD. She was the recipient of many awards due to her numerous efforts of outreach in the community, including being named one of Maryland's Top 100 Women of 2007. What an honor to stand beside her...
I was also honored to meet Mrs. Tracey Briscoe, a domestic violence survivor, and Mildred Muhammad, ex-wife of the the D.C. sniper, John Muhammad. Both of these women were so inspirational!

I wear the color of royalty and domestic violence awareness proudly, purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!